Saturday, July 14, 2012

Candle light dinner...

Out of Syllabus 32

"A man on a date wonders if he'll get lucky. The woman already knows." - Monica Piper

She came in asking "Are you going to propose me?"
I was at the most expensive restaurant in the city. It was a private segment with sandalwood design complementing the candle light and giving it a golden suite look. Two glasses and a bottle of red wine with a bunch of red roses and soothing music made it a perfect place for romantic evening. This prompted her to ask that question.
She was wearing a black crimson saree and was glowing in the candle light. She had that uncanny ability  to keep the oomph factor without exposing an inch. Today also was not different. She had let her hair to flow in the back with edges curled. All these years when she was with me, i never noticed that, she was damn sexy.
"Do you remember the last candle light dinner we had"? She asked.
It was at a 'THATTUKADA' outside the railway station. We had black tea instead of wine. Rain and mosquitoes accompanied us as music. We both chuckled remembering it.
"The only difference here is that there is no rain" I told.
"Mosquitoes too", she replied.
"Why here?" She asked again.
"Special day, special person, so special place too" I told.
"Whats so special?" She asked. I just smiled.
She had been my best friend since ages. Literally she had been a shoulder of support in lows and highs of my life. Frankly speaking I owe my life to her. But since last few months I was getting tensed. I realized that I am going to lose her soon.
"When are you going to get married?" I asked.
"May be within an year" she replied.
"What about our friendship after that?" I asked trying desperately to hide my anxiety.
"Whats with it, you also know we are life long friends." She replied.
"But..." I stopped halfway.
She looked up and understood my anxiety.
"What can i say yaar, it all depends on him. You also knows that being a girl i have limitations" She told. My fears were confirmed, I will definitely lose her.
"You know that I wont be able to survive without you." I told without hiding my feelings.
"Hmm I know. But life is like that. Everyone including your parents and beloved one will leave you at one stage. But life has to move on." She replied.
"But there is one solution." I told.
"Whats it?" She asked.
I asked her "Will you marry me!!!"
She stared at me for long time and then we burst into laughter.

23 comments:

  1. nyc one bro. ..<3
    -delvin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and small one. Keep it up HARI.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. u ve improved much hari... u can create wonders, i say...
    rather than reading i ws jst watching the story thru my eyes..
    Kudos...
    keep on writing.. Keep on reading...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. it was not a proposal... the relationship is not love its friendship... :)

      Delete
  5. super one!!can feel him in me!!

    ReplyDelete

Put in your thoughts here!!!