Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Queen Never Walks...

Out of Syllabus 35



She was there, waiting for me. I was surprised when she called and told that she wanted to meet me. More surprise awaited when I saw her completely changed avatar. Specs were back. My favorite Pony Tail was back. And she was wearing the exactly same salwar which she wore six years before, the day I SAW her for first time. The ever vibrant smile back on her lips.

Friday the 13th, March 2009.

I was nervous sitting in front of my system. It was the inaugural day of Teranis 2K9, the first ever technical fest of our college, Our dream, Our hard work. It was then I heard that soothing voice. From the compering  section. So beautiful that it didn't enter my ears but directly to my soul.  I turned back to the source of voice. There she was, wearing specs, with her pony tail hair style wearing salwar, compering my own words to welcome the people. A lightening struck my soul. I had found my Angel.
"It begins with a glimpse or a passing thought. It ends in obsession."

Tuesday the 20th, August 2013

I was waiting outside her workplace. Too excited, too nervous. I had no idea what will be her reaction. I was going to see her after two and half long years, a surprise visit. She came out walking down the steps slowly as if she was reluctant to meet me. The good old fire work started inside me as soon as I glimpsed her. The specs were gone, so was the pony tail. She was wearing jeans and top. She have kept her hair flowing down on both sides. Hell yeah! she was beautiful. Suddenly world was one beautiful place to be.

"My life was good. But I wanted to make it perfect. And she was the last piece of puzzle"

But things were not meant to be perfect for me. It all turned upside down when I realized it was going to be the parting of ways for both of us. I was hurt, dumbstruck. But realization dawned on me. Always the truth was that we were never meant to be soul mates. Even though I was heartbroken,  for the greater good I let her go. Because it was her happiness which was important for me even if it is meant to be a torture for me.
It was tough times for me. But I found solace in Manchester United Supporters Club. I redirected my focus; on bike rides, Manchester United and EPL match screenings. The pain was there. Will always be there. But I became so used to it that it became a part of my life. And life moved on. Nothing mattered to me.

"When you truly don't care what anyone thinks of you, you have reached a dangerously awesome level of Freedom......."
"Freedom. The freedom to be wretchedly alone."

Fast forward to present day.

Sunday the 8th, March 2015 Women's day.

I got the call from her. She wanted to meet me urgently. That's when I went to meet her. I didn't even have a vague idea why she called me. I didn't expect anything from her. Even this meeting was a pleasant surprise to me. But it was nothing compared to what was going to happen.
She was there, waiting for me. More surprise awaited when I saw her completely changed avatar. Specs were back. My favorite Pony Tail was back. And she was wearing the exactly same salwar which she wore six years before, the day I SAW her for first time. The ever vibrant smile back on her lips.

"The people who are meant to be in your life will always gravitate back towards you, no matter how far they wander".

She told to me in same soothing voice. The firework inside me was back. Her eyes told me everything. That my dreams have come true. That she was my perfect soul mate, My Angel, My Zahir.

I lifted her in my arms and walked out saying "A Queen never walks."

My life became Perfect....

-[All quotes taken from Facebook, the book The Zahir and the movie Kingdom of heaven]-

3 comments:

Put in your thoughts here!!!